8th Grade Orientation Nights and Club Fair
March 4th & 5th, 2015
If parents/guardians prefer to receive information in Spanish, STOP and CLICK HERE.
Si los padres/tutores prefieren español, ALTO y hagan CLIC AQUI.
Welcome students and parents of the class of 2019 to Carlsbad High School! You are bringing your individuality, talents and interests to a diverse and vibrant Lancer community.
By participating in a session with a CHS counselor during 8th Grade Orientation Nights and completing the 9thgrade course selection process, you are preparing for a smooth beginning to your freshman year. Students and parents are scheduled to attend a 45 minute session with a counselor on one of the two 8thgrade Orientation Nights.
In the session, you will:
- Finalize your 9thgrade course selections
- Learn about graduation and college admission requirements, four-year academic planning, Naviance, and other helpful school information.
- Attend the CHS Clubs and Organizations Fair in Lancer Plaza between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m. Plan to attend before your session to learn about many extracurricular opportunities.
Please follow these important steps in preparation for your Orientation session and the course selection process:
STEP 1: Open Session Schedule to determine YOUR scheduled date and time
- You must attend your designated counselor session because space is limited. This allows for a more personalized meeting with a counselor.
STEP 3: Complete Course Selection Sheet
- Write YOUR Session Schedule information on the top of the Course Selection Sheet.
- Use the links below to help in your course selections. Remember that you will be selecting your courses for the entire freshman year.
- Guidelines to Completing Your 9th Grade Course Selection Sheet
- 9th Grade Course List (only select courses from this list)
- Academic Planning Guide and Course Descriptions
- CHS Graduation and UC/CSU “a – g” Requirements
STEP 4: AERIES Portal
- Use your completed Course Selection Sheet to submit your course request through the Aeries Portal. You will need the information in the letter mailed home to create an account.
- AERIES Portal Registration
- Course Request Entry Via Aeries Portal
STEP 5: Attend your 8th Grade Orientation Session.
Bring your completed 9thGrade Course Selection Sheet and signed Course Selection Contract.
If you are unable to attend your 8th Grade Orientation session, turn these into your middle school counselor by Friday, March 27th.
The Counselor's powerpoint presentation is here.