Carlsbad High School Home
ASB Homepage Yearbook
Athletics Home Athletic Director Athletics Calendar Fall Sports Winter Sports Spring Sports
Departments Academy ESLRs Grading Testing WASC The Courage to Remember
Resources CHS Acadmic Planning and Graduation Requirements College Information Community Service Financial Aid and Scholarships Forms Freshman Guidance Staff Juniors Naviance School Profile Seniors Sophomores Testing Web Links for Students
Clubs chstv Dress Code Grading Lancer Express Lancer Library and Textbooks Late Start Wednesdays Lunch Menus School Profile Speech and Debate Student Planner Vision Statement
Registering new students Transcripts Registrar's Office
Administration Counselors Guidance Staff Support Staff All Teachers Departments


Grades are reported to students and parents six times each year. Progress reports will be issued to students one week after each progress report ending date shown below:

  • October 16th
  • December 4th
  • March 26th
  • May 7th

Semester report cards will be mailed home one week after each semester ending date:

  • February 5th
  • June 25th

Standard Percent Grading Scale:

  • A = 90-100%
  • B = 80-89%
  • C = 70-79%
  • D = 60-69%
  • F = 0-59%

Failure Notices

Education Code Section 49067 requires that parents be notified whenever it becomes evident to the teacher that their student is in danger of failing a course.

A “D”, “F”, or “I” on a progress report is notice of potential failure. Progress reports are sent home twice during each semester. If a student receives a grade of “D”, “F”, or “I”, the parent should contact the teacher or Guidance Office for assistance. If failure appears likely and a “D”, “F”, or “I” was not reported on the last progress report of the semester, the teacher will notify the parent. Parents will be invited to attend a conference.

Withdrawal/Fail Policy

Students who withdraw from classes after a two (2)-week period must have, in writing, permission from the teacher, department chairperson, counselor, parent, and administrator. A failing grade will be assigned for all such withdrawals.

The withdrawal/failure grade will be recorded on the student‘s transcript and remain a part of the student‘s cumulative academic record. Additionally, the failing grade, unless changed by repeating the course at a later date for a higher grade, will be computed on the GPA.

Students who repeat a course due to previously receiving a failure or low grade will have only the higher grade computed on the GPA, however, the previous grade will remain on the student‘s permanent record.